The Community Gratitude Challenge Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
Effective date: October 3rd , 2020
- SPONSOR: The New Westminster Chamber of Commerce (“the Sponsor”) Community Gratitude Challenge Social Media Contest Prize Giveaway (the “Contest”) is sponsored by The New Westminster Chamber of Commerce #201 – 309 Sixth Street, New Westminster BC V3M 3A7(the “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of British Columbia who are 19 years of age or older, at the time of entry, except in any place where contest entry is prohibited by law, and with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The contest begins on October 3rd at 12:01 AM and runs until 11:59 PM October 9th.
- HOW TO ENTER: Gain 1 entry per day of the challenge by adding the following hashtags to your post on the social media platforms Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Linked in
#Thankathon2020 #DouglasCollege #GlobalBC #CKNW #AlpineCredits #Piva #NewWestChamber
(Gain 1 entry/day of the challenge)
Get an additional entry if any of your posts tags the person or organization you are thanking. (maximum of 1 additional entry per day)
Get 7 additional prize entries if you post at least one thank you post per day during the 7 day challenge, (October 3rd to October 9th) and use the required hashtags
- CONTEST PRIZE: The “Prize” consists of a $500 shop local gift card and 4 tickets to Piva Modern Italian Winemakers night scheduled for November 16th.
The approximate retail value of each type of the prize is as follows: $1,100.00 CDN dollars
This “Prize” cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other prize.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or use of or redemption of the Prizes. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number qualified players who share a thank you post and follow the rules to gain a prize entry. Each entrant can gain a maximum of 21 prize entries.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: 7 Business Days after the respective Contest End Date at 12:00 PM, PST in New Westminster, British Columbia (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw electronically from all eligible entries and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form; and (ii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw and will be contacted by the email address provided or through direct message to the Entrants social media account, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made within 48 hours following the draw. When a Selected Entrant does not or cannot accept the Prize, the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed release form must be received by Sponsor prior to the release of any Prizes. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the Prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the release of their name and other information as required by law, and the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest. Entrants further consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means and also for any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, unless given written notification of denial, and without further notice or compensation. Entrants also consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone/cell number, and/or social media handles to receive promotional communications from the Sponsor.
Law: The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by a single arbitrator chosen by the Sponsor, who shall conduct a final and binding arbitration in the city of New Westminster, province of British Columbia, where the unsuccessful party shall bear the entire cost of the arbitration.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor or by Prize Providers, and used with their permission. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.